- media center research on panel discussion for Federal Mandates!
- we will be in Media center again Monday!
- make sure you communicates with partners about research and meeting team objectives, also about being out either Monday or Tuesday if you are, we will begin tentatively on Wednesday, but if an extra day on Wednesday is necessary we will decide on Tuesday
- don’t forget 1-2 page handout over area history/background
- don’t forget to fill out your debate sheet nice and neat, and have it ready to turn in with history/background handout on day of your panel discussion
- finished reading & questions over Congressional Powers
- began the first stages of how a bill becomes a law
- we will continue with How a Bill… on Monday!
- Finished notes over types of federalism
- students signed up to research and debate 6 different Federal Mandates
- will be in Media Center tomorrow to research assigned Federal mandates
- Watched a brief intro clip to Congressional Powers
- began a reading packet over congressional powers
- students given time to answer all questions within and in review section
- quiet review
- unit 3 quiz
- notes over part 2 of federalism
- quiet review
- unit 3 quiz
- reading & highlighting packet over congressional powers
- read & highlight
- answer questions within reading
- do the review on the very back
- Have this packet ready to go over tomorrow in class!
- review of previous cases
- covered the last three cases
- gave review time, and went over areas on quiz
- CNN Student News
- short clip over Congressional Committees
- went over eight questions on congressional committees
- don’t forget quiz tomorrow, for areas look at earlier post from Friday!
- Quick Review!
- Next four cases covered!
- we will wrap up cases with remainder presented Tuesday!
- don’t forget quiz on Wednesday over unit 3!
- Quick review!
- Jigsaw notes over committees of Congress!
- don’t forget Wednesday quiz over unit 3!
- presentation on Federalism & Sup. Ct
- first four cases in chronological order!
- next four be ready to go on Monday!
- don’t forget a brief quiz over: unit 3 vocab., part one of notes over federalism, sup. ct cases dealing with federalism
- cnn student news
- clip over congressional leadership
- went over answer to web quest on congressional leadership
- went over procedures & facts on legislative branch
- don’t forget a brief quiz over unit 3 on Wednesday 10/22: unit 3 vocab. crossword, congressional membership, reapportionment & gerrymandering, congressional leadership, facts & procedures on Legislative branch, congressional committees (will cover this on Monday & Tuesday before quiz)
- Art Day for Sup. Ct. & Federalism
- presentations will be conducted in chronological order, and we will do about 4 per day
- students worked on a web quest over congressional leadership
- the web quest is due Friday