- two more mandates presented today
- we will try and cover both after presentations, however Halloween and school festivities might throw us behind!
- review your study guides, test is Thursday!
- Unit 3 review game
- unit 3 test scheduled for Monday 11/3
- review your study guides!
- 2 of the 6 mandate groups presented
- went over the two mandates covered in each class
- tomorrow two more mandates will be debated
- gave back pyramids to those who completed
- went over the three areas of the pyramid
- made sure students matched up their study guides to things in their folder
- tomorrow unit 3 review game
- Monday unit 3 test over congress!
- last day to prep for panel discussion
- make sure you have two solid supporting statements about your thesis, and make sure you have a good challenging question to ask the other side!
- come in, relax, and lets have some debate fun!
- review over instructions on pyramids of congress
- must finish pyramids and turn in before end of class
- will go over pyramid tomorrow in class!
- many students missing due to TAG field trip
- those here, worked on their side of the debate, got note cards ready for their debate
- remember, 4 debate sheets and one to two page handout from each group is expected on the day of your panel discussion
- students conducted a review over how a bill becomes a law
- went over the review as a class
- began the pyramids of congress which will be due by end of period Wednesday!
- Day number two in the media center researching debate information for their panel discussions!
- we will be in class tomorrow and Wednesday preparing and practicing our panel discussion!
- review steps covered already in How a Bill Becomes a law
- pick up with remaining steps where we left off
- view some clips summarizing the steps along the way!
- media center research on panel discussion for Federal Mandates!
- we will be in Media center again Monday!
- make sure you communicates with partners about research and meeting team objectives, also about being out either Monday or Tuesday if you are, we will begin tentatively on Wednesday, but if an extra day on Wednesday is necessary we will decide on Tuesday
- don’t forget 1-2 page handout over area history/background
- don’t forget to fill out your debate sheet nice and neat, and have it ready to turn in with history/background handout on day of your panel discussion
- finished reading & questions over Congressional Powers
- began the first stages of how a bill becomes a law
- we will continue with How a Bill… on Monday!
- Finished notes over types of federalism
- students signed up to research and debate 6 different Federal Mandates
- will be in Media Center tomorrow to research assigned Federal mandates
- Watched a brief intro clip to Congressional Powers
- began a reading packet over congressional powers
- students given time to answer all questions within and in review section