- went over outline on what to expect in front to supreme court
- watched the last part of Gideon’s Trumpet
- reminder about quiz monday, and vocab due monday
- viewed a clip over presidential powers
- went over presidential powers
- broke into small groups for the 7 roles of the president project
- unit 8 quiz now on Monday: vocab., fed ct. system, facts about sup. ct., members of court, hearing in front of sup. ct.
- unit 8 vocab. now due on Monday
- read two articles over perks of sup. ct. & Kennedy the swing vote
- watched Gideon’s trumpet part 2
- took SLOs test
- went over questions on facts about the presidency
- students worked on presidential powers table!
- went over questions on facts about sup. ct.
- introduced the members of sup. ct. and took them through the differences in judicial philosophy
- finished the 8 phases of electing the president (PP under resources)
- went over perks of presidency!
- students worked on Facts About the Supreme Court, due by end of class & must go over tomorrow during class
- unit 7 test scores were shown
- all grades for unit 7 are now in
- don’t forget unit 8 vocab. due Friday
- will probably have a brief quiz on Friday over unit 8
- start with a review clip over phase 2 of elections
- will go over phases 3-6 today in class
- don’t forget unit 4 vocab. due this Thursday
- a brief quiz over unit 4 vocab, political parties, 8 phases of election on Thursday 4/23
- went over questions about judicial jurisdiction
- went over types of federal courts
- students completed a review exercise which we will go over on Monday!
- did a review over political parties
- went over phases 1 & 2 of electing the president
- saw four clips of 2008 & 2012 election over phases 1 & 2
- students worked on a federal court packet looking at different jurisdictional courts
- the packet is due by end of period
- class went over article on Political parties
- class read about the difference of being liberal v. conservative v. moderate
- class went over ideology survey to get an idea which side of the political spectrum they belong to as of now
- some announcements
- work on vocab.due Friday 4/24
- 2 introductory clips over federal ct. system
- some announcements
- work on vocab. due Thursday 4/23
- work on political party questions & surveys!