- please check under resources for presentation over congressional committees and check your questions for accuracy, and get to know material as it will be part of our quiz tomorrow (Friday 2/27)
- Unit 6 quiz will cover following areas:
- unit 6 vocab.
- congressional membership/organization table
- congressional leaders
- congressional facts & procedures
- congressional committees
- we will review for 15 min. together then take quiz and proceed to congressional powers.
- review of leadership positions
- went over committees
- reminded class of quiz
- work in media center on Amendment Files project
- went over facts & procedures on congress
- watched three clips about orientation day & opening day of second session of 114th congress
- went over congressional leadership; who, from which party, duties and responsibilities!
- will work independently on congressional committees tomorrow
- quiet review
- unit 2 quiz
- performance task #2 groupings and amendments for research
- will spend Friday through Tuesday researching project area and meeting requirements
- in media center researching congressional leaders
- will go over tomorrow in class
- played the checks & balances in teams yesterday!
- Today, unit 2 quiz followed by group assignments for amendment project!
- watched a brief clip over four take aways from US Census
- watched a brief clip over gerrymandering
- illustrated gerrymandering through a map of GA
- Students did a quick exercise over packing, cracking and stacking
- remember, unit 6 vocab. due on Tuesday
- we will meet in media center on Tuesday!
- went over exercise on checks & balances
- students filled venn diagram over federalism on the board
- took kids through the rules for checks and balances game for Tuesday
- went over article on reapportionment & gerrymandering
- answered questions on the article
- students in small group began analyzing data from the US Census (due tomorrow when you walk in)
- did a warm up review over structure & 6 principles of US Constitution
- kids worked on a review packet over structure & 6 principles (due tomorrow)
- will go over packet answers tomorrow in preparation for separation of powers game on friday or Tuesday
- finish going over congressional membership table
- students will read and answer questions over an article looking at reapportionment, due by end of period
- while students working Mr Pak will call up each student to ask for type of W. History class they want to register for next year.
- give about 10 min for all organizers to be complete
- go over 6 principles & structure of US Constitution
- maybe work on review packet over 6 principles & structure of US Constitution!