- Had discussion about:
- vocab., unit 4 quiz, scrapbooks, final exam study guide, corrections with all students
- In small groups students analyzed different aspects of American Political Culture through a series of surveys conducted
- They will present their findings over their assigned areas tomorrow in the first half of class
- 2nd half of class we will begin going over Presidential elections & campaigns
- Happy Thanksgiving to all!
- each group presented their findings on their candidate for the election scrapbook
- all election scrapbooks were turned in for a unit 4 Performance Task grade!
- went over results of typology survey
- students volunteered their findings on the survey
- half of class time spent working on election scrapbooks which are due tomorrow
- each group will take 2 to 3 minutes to go over their findings based on 6 areas listed & discussed in class!
- finished going over public opinion notes
- did in-class reading over the difference between conservative, liberal and moderate
- Students conducted an in-class survey over political ideology
- students given a professional typology survey to conduct along with a parent to prove family as an agent of political socialization! due Thursday, be ready to discuss findings!
- Went over notes on Public opinion and how measured and what the measurements tell us!
- Vocabulary for unit 4 given out, due on Wednesday 12/2
- Unit 3 test today!
- For scrapbooks on Friday make sure you and your partner are ready to discuss with class the following which should not take more than two to three minutes:
- Bio: how does your candidate meet qualifications for presidency? any previous government experience
- Issues: where does your candidate stand on the issues you chose to cover?
- Do you know how much campaign money your candidate has been able to raise so far, or up to the moment they dropped out?
- Polls: what do the polls say about your candidate’s chances?
- Opponents: what does you candidates’ opponents have to say about him or her? both own party and opposite?
- Is this someone you were interested in when you were picking candidates? after what you have researched, would you vote for them?
- Unit 3 review game
- unit 3 test on Monday 11/16
- election scrapbooks due Friday 11/20